- Why did she use tapes instead of letters or other forms of communication
- Do you think Hannah's tapes will stay between the twelve people on the list, or will they be shown to the authorities and/or released to the public? Should they be?
- If another person on the list is involved in a tape that isn't their own, why doesn't Hannah call them by name?
- Why does Mr. Porter react so weird when he finds out of Hannah's death?
- Why didn't clay make a move on Hannah? He seems to like her a lot.
- If Hannah knew someone was watching her, why didn't she tell her parents?
- Why did Hannah go to Tyler's house while she was recording the tape for him? What made his tape so special?
- Why did she choose to tell someone random about her "peeping tom?"
- Why is Marcus so mad at Tyler too, if he's guilty of something as well?
- Why did Hannah choose to take a picture with Courtney? Why did she want Tyler to take it?
- Why did Marcus think him and Hannah were being serious about their date?
- Why did Clay make his mother bring him the tapes? Wasn't he thinking about the consequences if she had listened to them?
- What was the point of Zach stealing Hannah's notes?
- After Hannah had read the list of warning signs of suicide, was she concerned at all about her radical change in appearance? Was there a reason she didn't reach out to someone?
- Why did Tyler decide to help Clay, while he was listening to the Tape about himself?
- Did Hannah blame herself for the death of the random civilian, after Jenny had given her a ride home and hit the stop sign?
- Do the owners and listeners of the tape feels sympathy for one and other, or guilt, or hatred, or what?
- How do the tape owners go on living their lives normally?
- How will this affect clays life in the future?
- What was Hannah's intent when she had sent the tapes?
- What happens to the tapes after the last person listens to them?
- How has this book effected you.